Where a seed finds life
Out of the Ashes focuses on a community issue which is growing in prevalence amongst school-aged children throughout the country. Absentee incarcerated parents. It is estimated that over 2 million children in the United States have incarcerated parents. These rates are exacerbated in poor and minority communities. Out of the Ashes allows for school-aged children to begin healing from the trauma caused by having an absentee parent.
Our 45 minutes drama therapy presentation is an engaging and captivating intervention which has the following expected outcomes:
- Increased parent/family engagement
- an increased knowledge and awareness of the impact of absentee parents upon the psyche and of the child,
- increased knowledge and awareness of the impact of absentee parenting upon the absentee parent,
- increased knowledge of restoring parental relationships,
- increased knowledge and awareness of the importance of intergenerational parenting,
- increased knowledge and awareness of communication in the parental role,
In addition, this presentation is accompanied by a question and answer period. A supplemental drama therapy workshop is recommended. This workshop helps to further the emotional healing and restoration process.
We would be honored to bring this powerful and relevant presentation to your organization. Please feel free to contact them with any questions about the power and impact of the presentation.
- Dr. Yasser A. Payne, Professor, University of Delaware
- Malik Muhammad, Ed.D, Pathways
- Pastor David Andrew – SsAMS
- Pastor Call Turner – Highway Word of Faith
- Mrs. Ramona Fullman – Delaware Division of Human Relations